Martin Luther Homes is recruiting two Lifestyle Assistants for our new Transition Care Program (TCP).
In this newly created role, you can make a difference in people's lives while having fun and working in a supportive team that plays a vital role in the well-being of our residents.
The ideal candidate requires an open-minded and creative personality and likes to strike up conversations while not shying away from spending quality time with our residents.
The ideal candidate is ready for an immediate start and responsible for the following tasks:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run daily activities, including cultural events and physical exercise classes
- Have a creative input towards our activities
- Liaise with friends and families as well as other staff members and volunteers
- Assist the Activities Coordinator with additional tasks and projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Leisure and/or Lifestyle tertiary qualifications or Diversional Therapy
- Experience in working with older people
- Experience working in a Transition Care Program
- Computer skills in regard to assessment and documentation processes
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Cultural awareness (experience with German-speaking migrants highly regarded)
- Working for the Aged Care Provider of the Year 2018 (VIC)
- Working in a brand-new facility that you can make your own
- Friendly team environment
- Flexible part-time role
- Salary equivalent to level of experience and qualifications
Please contact our Activities Coordinator Florence Poni on 9760 2490 for further questions and submit your CV via Activities@martinlutherhomes.com.au