Martin Luther Homes is recruiting two Lifestyle Assistants. In either role, you can make a difference in people's lives while having fun and working in
a supportive team that plays a vital role in the well-being of our residents.
One new team member is required to work in our successful Transition Care Program (TCP). It is essential that you bring along relevant qualifications and experience in the field. You will get the chance to work in a brand-new facility along our experienced staff and colleagues from Eastern Health.
The second Lifestyle Assistant will become a team member of our activities team in our aged care centre.
Both work places will be located in Boronia/The Basin.
Key Duties and Responsibilities for both positions:
- Run daily activities, including cultural events and physical exercise classes
- Have a creative input towards our activities
- Liaise with friends and families as well as other staff members and volunteers
- Assist the Activities Coordinator with additional tasks and projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Leisure and/or Lifestyle tertiary qualifications or Diversional Therapy
- Experience in working with older people
- Computer skills in regard to assessment and documentation processes
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Cultural awareness (experience with German-speaking migrants highly regarded)
- Working for the Aged Care Provider of the Year 2018 (VIC)
- Working in a brand-new facility that you can make your own
- Friendly team environment
- Flexible part-time role
- Salary equivalent to level of experience and qualifications
Please contact our Activities Coordinator, Florence Poni, on 9760 2490 for further questions.
To APPLY, please email your CV and Cover Letter to our Facility Manager, Steven Yan, via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply via SEEK, please CLICK HERE